Saturday Afternoons, October 20th to December 15th (9 Weeks)
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Ages 10 - 18 (Maximum of 8 students)
Teacher: Lori Salas
Do you want the freedom to work on your own projects with the guidance of a professional?
In this course, students will be instructed in the fundamentals of cartooning and anime. A structured lesson will be given at the beginning of each class. However, after each lesson, students will be encouraged to create their own projects. This way, their learning will be self-directed with the assistance of a professional comic illustrator and animator to help them achieve their goals all while working alongside other like-minded artists.
- Drawing faces, heads, eyes.
- Gestures and basic bodies
- Hands, feet
- Expressions, facial details, hair.
- Clothing and outfits
- Character design
- Special effects (water, electricity, attacks, energy balls, etc).
- Backgrounds/basic perspective, Composition
- Inking, coloring.